Copyright® 2013 European Medical Group Ltd. All rights reserved.
EMG-Health is for informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations.
- Important Information
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Use of the Website
- Intellectual Property
- Contributions to the Website
- The Website Communities
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- External Links
- Open Access & Copyright
- EMJ Terms and Conditions of Services
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 21st August 2018.
- Registration No: 08198092.
- Registered in England and Wales.
- Registered Office: 88 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7RS
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- VAT No: 144219234
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this website (the website) both within the UK and internationally is provided by European Medical Group Ltd on the following terms:
- By using the website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the website.
- European Medical Group Ltd may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of the website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
Use of the Website
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the website.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the website and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in European Medical Group Ltd or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the website content requires the prior written permission of European Medical Group Ltd
- The names, images and logos identifying European Medical Group Ltd or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of European Medical Group Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of European Medical Group Ltd or any other third party.
Contributions to the Website
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with European Medical Group Ltd you agree to grant European Medical Group Ltd, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons. In certain circumstance European Medical Group Ltd may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that European Medical Group Ltd can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give European Medical Group Ltd permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with European Medical Group Ltd
- If you do not want to grant European Medical Group Ltd permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the website.
The Website Communities
- You agree to use the website communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all of the website community sites and services as follows:
(i) About your Posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No spoilers: material which contains plot developments which haven’t been transmitted on UK television will be deleted unless submitted in a designated ‘spoilers’ area or marked as a ‘spoiler’.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
European Medical Group Ltd reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any European Medical Group Ltd community.
(iv) Legal Requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to a community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with the communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of European Medical Group Ltd or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you breach these Community Rules:
- If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in the community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
- This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the community areas.
- If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any of the communities or anywhere else on the website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, and European Medical Group Ltd considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, European Medical Group Ltd may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer or email provider about the infringement(s).
- European Medical Group Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The majority of content posted in the communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of European Medical Group Ltd. European Medical Group Ltd are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the website. Any links to third party websites from the website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by European Medical Group Ltd and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- The website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to European Medical Group Ltd, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, European Medical Group Ltd excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. European Medical Group Ltd does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by European Medical Group Ltd is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of European Medical Group Ltd for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes European Medical Group Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, European Medical Group Ltd shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website regardless of the form of action.
- European Medical Group Ltd do not warrant that functions available on the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of European Medical Group Ltd to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive European Medical Group Ltd’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
All information and each contribution obtained from various sources by EMG-Health is as current and as accurate as possible. However, as human or mechanical errors may occur, EMG-Health and associated contributors cannot guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of any information, and cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Additionally, EMG-Health is completely independent of any blog pieces published; the views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily of EMG-Health.
Blog authors must ensure that no content uploaded to the EMG-Health website will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, include clear advertising of products, copyright or trademark infringements, or privacy violations, and must clearly indicate any publicity obtained.
By submitting your work, you are agreeing to our full terms and requirements. Blog posts are required to be between 800-1000 words, and we encourage contributors to attach photos which are to be included with final submission.
Any conflict of interest must be declared upon submission of any blog pieces.
If case studies are submitted as blog pieces and the data reported could be recognisable to any participants involved or contributors who are not mentioned, authors must provide clear evidence of written consent to publication before submission.
Authors must ensure that any direct quotations or information sourced externally within blog pieces is referenced accordingly within the text and that all citations used are included as a subsequent reference list, to be provided with first submission.
Publication of any material submitted to EMG-Health will be subject to our sole discretion. EMG-Health reserves the right to implement alterations prior to publication, or to refuse publication, if we believe content to be in breach of our terms and conditions in any way. In keeping with the EMG-Health core values, we prefer blog submissions which end with a positive outcome. Content already published on the EMG-Health site may be removed at our discretion if we are made aware of any reason to do so at a later date.
EMG-Health’s blog terms and conditions may be updated or changed at any time, in which case the updated terms will be posted here and will apply from the date published.
Links from this site to other internet sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors to the EMG-Health website. EMG-Health does not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and is not responsible for their availability, reliability, or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider.
Open Access & Copyright
This is an open-access journal in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) license. This permits users to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
Non Commercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Return To Office – Risk Assessment
Following on from the government guidance and in line with the number of staff that work at EMG we are publishing our return to office risk assessment.
As of 6 July 2020, a small number of our staff are working in our offices at 88 Wood Street. Here is the risk assessment.
The remainder of our staff are working from home, following government guidance. As more EMG staff return to work in our offices, we will update our published risk assessment as required.