IOF Regional 7th Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Conference
Health professionals in the Asia-Pacific are facing a rapidly ageing population. In the perspective to discuss with world experts, learn about the latest products and services, and mingle with the colleagues from throughout the region, the International Osteoporosis Foundation is organising the 7th IOF Regional Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Conference. The event will take place at the International Convention Center Sydney from November 30 to December 1, 2018.
If you’re a physician, clinical researcher or allied health professional, this key regional event will help you learn how to…
- Improve the identification of high risk patients
- Understand the similarities and differences in fracture risk and treatment response between Asia and the West
- Assess quality of life in your elderly patients with osteoporosis, osteoarthritis or sarcopenia
- Understand the consequences of low calcium intake
- Assess and manage secondary osteoporosis (e.g. related to cancer, diabetes etc)
- Manage patients with knee osteoarthritis
- Close the treatment gap by learning about the latest osteoporosis therapies
The Conference will also be the premier venue for the presentation of new research in the field, and particularly research from the region.
The learning objectives of the Conference are to train medical professionals to be better equipped to handle the growing epidemic of musculoskeletal diseases. The programme provides a concise and practical overview of these diseases, including the latest advances in their prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and sarcopenia, fracture healing and rehabilitation. As well as the latest regional research, the programme includes current topics of specific clinical relevance to health professionals in the region.